Wednesday, April 4, 2012

16-17 weeks....

We had our 16 week appointment on Monday and got to hear the baby's heartbeat again...150 bpm!!  Blood pressure was 104/64 (nurse said was good) and weight gain was 2 lbs.  I had the AFP blood tests done and should receive the results at the end of the week.  This is the picture Matt took of me after our appt. 


4/2/12

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 16w4d

Size of Baby: I think 4-5 inches (according to my books)

Total Weight Gain: 3.5 lbs

Maternity Clothes: Jeans...yes.  I have been wearing empire dresses to work and maxi dresses on the weekends.  I will soon be purchasing some maternity dress pants bc the ole' bella band is getting slightly uncomfortable.

Gender: We find out in two weeks!!!  I have been positive that it's a BOY from day 1!!  I could be completely wrong, but I'm still going with BOY!

Movement: Yes, a little fluttering once this past weekend, but it really started last night when I laid down for bed.  It felt like a goldfish was swimming in my tummy for at least 10 minutes! 

Sleep: Good, still sleeping about 9 hours a night.  Last week was awful, but this week has been better.  I always get up at least once to use the bathroom and thankfully have been able to fall back asleep easily.

What I Miss: I haven't missed alcohol at all....until last week when Kyndall and I were on the patio for happy hour.  Of course, I stuck with the virgin drinks, but it was the first time I really wanted a glass of white wine!! 

Cravings: Still drinking a pitcher of unsweet, decaffeinated tea pretty much every day.  Other than that, nothing in particular.  I have gotten picky about what grosses me out though. (i.e. - Matt grabbed Firehouse last night after my girls Bible Study and brought it home...the bread was too soggy and I just couldn't eat it.)  I instead opted for a few muffins we had in the cabinet (SO WEIRD!!) 

Symptoms: So thankful the nausea has subsided and the fatigue is getting better.  This is the second week that I have had energy and feel great!!!   The headaches are definitely more frequent, but nothing unbearable.

Best Moment: Getting to hear that wonderful sound of the heartbeat on Monday.  I absolutely LOVE it!!



We are very excited for our ultrasound on April 20.  This will be the big gender reveal.  (P.S. - Don't look for anything creative from this girl, no gender reveal party, etc.  I'll just be shouting it from the rooftops and focused on some serious shopping!! :)) I will, however, share a few baby things that make me smile this week...
 
 
My Mom and Dad bought this adorable itty-bitty life jacket at Bass Pro for the lake next summer.  We'll be starting this water baby out young!!



I know it's a little early, but I am getting ready to buy this running stroller. I hear the BOB is the best, just need to pick a color!!




 

Happy Hump Day!!!!!



 

2 comments:

  1. So cute and exciting! Love my Bobs, I still use my single and duallie every day....added bonus is they are compatible with some infant car seats too! It's the Cadillac of joggers....can't go wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your sweet preggo picture and the espadrilles. =) My sister in law has a Bob and LOVES it. I have a Schwinn but it isn't the easiest to steer.

    ReplyDelete