Friday, April 20, 2012

IT'S A GIRL!!!!

Well, Matt and I had our 19 week ultrasound today and it revealed that we will be welcoming a sweet baby girl in September!!  We are OVER THE MOON!!!  I have said all along that I thought we would have a boy and when the tech told me that we would be having a girl I couldn't believe it.  (Just a little secret...I think I told myself boy all along so I wouldn't get my hopes up for having a beautiful little girl).  We are both so excited!!

I was most concerned with all the different measurements...ten toes, ten fingers, development of brain, bladder, kidneys, spine, etc.  The tech went through everything and said that our sweet girl was developing right on schedule.  She weighs 10 ounces and here are some of my favorite ultrasound pictures.  We have a ton!!


Her whole body - she's kicking one of her little legs up!!


A fist - yes, I was counting the fingers!!


I love this because she's giving us a thumbs up!!


Her sweet profile


She wasn't moving around for us much today, we had to poke at her a bit to get her to move those arms and legs.  (Maybe this means she'll be a good sleeper ;))  One can only hope, right?! 

My blood pressure today was 106/62 and my weight gain was only 2 lbs.  (6 total) The doctor says I will probably be one of those who gains considerably more towards the end of the pregnancy.  I just want to make sure I'm eating enough to keep her healthy.  Dr. Phillips went over our blood work and all the AFP tests came back negative, which is wonderful!!  We feel very blessed to have had such a great appointment!!

Now, those who know me are going to say this is impossible...BUT...one of my goals is to not go crazy shopping for our little sweet pea. We are very fortunate to have 3 nieces who dress to the nine's, therefore we'll have lots of stylish hand-me-downs.  However, I couldn't help but go to one of my favorite local boutiques this afternoon and pick up these sweet goodies.  Matt went with me and picked a couple himself. 


I love the colorful Zutano brand!!
(Check out the adorable 'Baby Bump' frame in the top left hand corner that has our ultrasound pic in it...thanks Mom, I love it!!) 


This has been a fabulous birthday week!!!   There were two things that I told Matt would make my week perfect.  1) My mom had an extensive heart screening done on Wednesday and we've prayed all week that everything would come back clear with no plaque or blockage.  Sure enough, she got a call yesterday that her heart looks great!  2) We have prayed for a beautiful, healthy, baby.  We haven't cared about the gender, just that God would help him/her to continue to grow healthy and strong and today we received that fantastic news!!!!  This has been the best week and GOD IS SO GOOD!!!! 

I am also very grateful to all of you who have sent your congratulations through text and facebook.  Once again, WE ARE SUPER EXCITED!!!!




1 comment:

  1. Did you get my texts? This is so exciting! I love Zutano! GK had the owl outfit! Sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete