Monday, April 23, 2012

Nursery and Name

Our weekend was a great one!!  Of course our excitement of FINALLY knowing what we are having hasn't died down one bit.  Matt and I are still on cloud nine!!

Friday night, my Aunt Vicki and cousin Kristen came in town to stay with us.  Kristen was in town for a work event and it was great to catch up with the both of them.  We stayed up until almost midnight talking (which you KNOW is late for this gal).  Saturday afternoon we took them to ZaZa's for pizza and salad.  They headed back to Tulsa afterwards, but it was so good to see them!! 

Satuday afternoon was lazy for us.  We did a little more shopping for the baby, took a nap, grabbed some RedBox movies and stayed in for the night.  Sunday after church, we caught up on grocery shopping, took the dogs for a walk (we've kept Cedar, Kyndall's lab, all weekend), and grilled out some delicious hamburgers. 

I have been looking at different styles and ideas for nurseries and while I would like to say that I am one of those creative girls who likes to thumb through fabric and put their entire nursery together themselves, that is not me!!!  This girl works a full time job and doesn't have the time to do any of that.  However, I have found a nursery that I am in love with in which I will be copying exactly in Pottery Barn Kids. 




We have bought the Baby's Dream espresso colored furniture (which I love) so it won't be exactly like this picture, but pretty close.  We'll be painting the entire room this light colored green on the wall and honestly I think I am ordering almost everything else you see.  I didn't want anything pink (I like pink, but not too much of it) and I loved that the sheets have little owls, chicks, butterflies and trees on them.  The curtains and valance will go perfectly because our nursery has two big open windows.  Just looking at this picture makes me excited!! 

Mom and Dad will be coming in town the first weekend in June to paint and help get everything set up.  May is going to be full of traveling and vacationing for Matt and me.  So we'll be very ready to get started on the nursery in June.

We have also decided on a name....  Drumroll please...

 
Aven Reese

We are still trying to decide if we will call her Aven or Reese (because Reece is my Dad's name), but I figure we've got some time. 

We have such a busy week!!  You know, one of those weeks where you just focus on taking one day at time.  I just walked in the door from a ride-along with my boss and we had a great day!!  Matt's finishing up the yard and I am looking so forward to chicken and veggies on the grill tonight!!  5 days until these toes are in the sand!!!! 


2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog as well as for your prayers. Congratulations on your sweet little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous you already have all of your decor and bedding picked out! I am SO behind! I cannot for the life of me decide on anything. Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete