Friday, April 20, 2012

My Week Long Birthday Celebration!!!

Yes, I know 32 is no big milestone, and truthfully it didn't top my 30th in Vegas, but I figured it was my last birthday before a beautiful sweet child enters my life so I might as well make it last as long as it can!!!  :)) 

Matt and I left for Rogers last Friday and I like to think that the 'celebration' began then.  :)  We met Landon, Brynlee, and Emma Grace as well as my parents (Brandi was at a Beth Moore conference in KC) at Colton's for some dinner.  The party began shortly after when Brynlee and Emma came to Mimi's house for a birthday sleepover!!  Nothing makes me smile more than spending lots of time with these two munchkins!!  They both slept well and we played all morning on Saturday.   As usual, Uncle Matt is always a hit, if he's not in the room they both want to know "Where's Matt?" 

Checking out Mimi and Pawpaw's garden...of course, they were more interested in holding Jovie's leash ;)





Saturday, after taking them home and helping Landon get them down for naps, Mom took me birthday shopping.  Yes, I know I am 32, but you have to understand that I have the BEST MOM in the world...she has the most giving heart and even though I am O-L-D, she still does little things like taking her firstborn shopping to make me feel so special.  I ended up finding some sunglasses at Sunglass Hut, a few new charms for my Pandora bracelet, and then loaded up on some maternity clothes.  I am almost 19 weeks, and this belly continues to grow.  I was in desperate need of some clothes for work and we had LOTS of luck. 

Saturday night, our family had reservations at Bonefish.  One thing that made our night extra special is that my Mamaw just celebrated her 80th birthday on April 12, so we BOTH got to celebrate Saturday night.  We had a wonderful time together and afterwards we all went to Landon and Brandi's to enjoy some cookie cake.  And believe me, that is ALWAYS a hit with BC an EG!  Brynlee loves to celebrate birthdays and she gets so excited if someone is having one, it's the most precious thing ever!

Me and my beautiful Mamaw

 
The girls didn't want to sit and wait for the food, so Matt and Mimi took them outside to play.

All smiles!!

 


After cookie cake, they played with Aunt Kia's purse - love Emma's face...BUSTED!

 
My brother and his two beautiful girls


Sunday after church, Dad treated Matt and me to Fred's Hickory Inn (one last birthday meal before leaving town).  I know what you're thinking....and yes, this little peanut in my belly was very well fed all weekend!!  :)  Matt and I let the storms pass through before heading back to Little Rock.  It took us almost 4 hours due to the weather, but we made it safely. 

There is no other place I would rather be for my birthday than celebrating it in Rogers with all the people I love so much.  It was the PERFECT weekend and I am so thankful for all the memories we made.


On Tuesday, April 17th (my actual bday), I was sang to twice before 7:00.  Matt had to work but before he walked out the door sang Happy Birthday (thanks honey ;))  and then my wonderful parents called while driving into work and started singing to me as soon as I answered the phone.  *That is one of my fondest memories of my immmediate family.  When we were little and at home, they would always come in and sing 'Happy Birthday' as we were waking up, every single year.  Even as we each went away to college or moved, they still always call first thing in the morning and sing.  I LOVE to start my birthday that way!! * 

Since Matt had to work until almost 8:00, my ROCKSTAR sister took me out to dinner to Sushi Cafe'.  She gave me the sweetest card with a gift card to Dillard's, paid for dinner, and then gave us this adorable gift for Baby Fitzgerald.  She's kind of amazing!!!



It's the softest belly blanket ever!!

I received these beautiful flowers from my parents and Matt surprised me with a few gift cards to Anthropologie and Pea in the Pod.  Needless to say, I was SPOILED ROTTEN on my special day!!!



Kyndall made my favorite chocolate chip cake for Bible study on Wednesday night and then the crew sang Happy Birthday.  We all went out for Mexican afterwards.  Thursday night, because it was the first night Matt was off of work, he treated me to dinner at Cafe' Prego to celebrate.  We invited Blake and Kyndall too!! 







Overall, the week-long celebration has made turning 32 not so bad!! :))  I am extremely excited to embark on the next year with our little bundle of joy on the way.  I am so very grateful for all the blessings that God has given me through the past year and I pray that this next year is full of many more.



No comments:

Post a Comment