Monday, July 9, 2012

Jack Caldwell Garner

Welcome to the world sweet Baby Jack!!!  This past week has been wonderful!!  I left Little Rock Wednesday afternoon (yes, on the 4th of July) to head to my brother and sis-in-law's house to keep their two little girls (ages 3 and 2) for 3 days while Brandi had her C-section and we all prepared for the newest addition to the family. 

Before I get to all the wonderful pictures, I just have to say how much I enjoyed time with Brynlee and Emma Grace.  I didn't sleep much and I got a good dose of what it would be like with two munchkins running around.  Needless to say, I wouldn't change a minute of it for anything in the world.  I love those sweet girls so much and had the best time with them.

Wednesday night I helped with baths and bedtime.  The girls love to read their books before closing their eyes (something we will be doing with Reese EVERY NIGHT!)  Thursday morning, I had the girls cleaned up and at the hospital by 9:30, ready to meet their baby brother.  Jack Caldwell was born at 7:50 on July 5 and weighed 7 lbs and 10 oz.  He was 20 inches long. 

Excited to meet their baby brother!!  Their shirts say "Big Sister to a Little Mister"

 

Beautiful Mama



Seeing Baby Jack for the first time


 
I love this little guy!!


Proud Paw-paw


 



Proud Dad


 
They are in awe....

 



 




Proud Mimi


 
Thursday night, Mom stayed at Landon and Brandi's to help me with the girls.  I consider myself very capable of doing it, but being 7.5 months pregnant...I needed some help!!  Friday, Mom and I took the girls to Build-A-Bear so that they could make a bear to show baby Jack.  We ate pretzels, played in the water, rode the cars and had a very big morning!!  We made a trip up to the hospital before naps and then Mom and Dad took the three of us to Dixie Cafe (the girls really like the veggies there.) 

Saturday, Landon, Brandi, and Jack came home from the hospital.  They were great sports because LOTS of family came into town to meet the little guy. 



Aunt Bee and Blake made the trip!!


 
Papaw and Nana


Uncle Jack and Aunt Patti


 
Mimi and Pawpaw



Cousin Carrie




 


 

 

Mamaw Garner with baby Jack


So good to spend the day with these girls!



4 generations on the Garner side



4 generations on the Caldwell side


Saturday night, I drove back to Little Rock.  I really needed Sunday to catch up on some rest and relaxation before the week started.  It felt good to get some sleep, clean up around the house, buy groceries, catch up on emails (after being off for 3 days), etc. 


I am SO thankful for the time I got to spend with family and for the safe and healthy arrival of baby Jack.  Now time to get ready for Miss Reese...10 weeks to go!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment