Monday, October 8, 2012

Weekend with Mimi and First Sunday at Church

This weekend was a great weekend for us.  My mom (Mimi) came in town on Friday evening.  Matt had to work two 12-hour shifts on Thursday and Friday (9 to 9) and then was on call Saturday night, so Mom offered to come down and help with Reese.  She got into town around 7:00 and she and I went to Alley Oops for dinner.  Reese slept while we had the best time just catching up and laughing.  (I love those times!)  Mom was so great and took Reese for most of the night on Friday and Saturday.  I can't explain how nice it is to be able to sleep for more than 2 hours in a row.  Matt and I got up feeling more rested than we've felt since we've been home from the hospital.
 
 
Saturday, it was so cold and it rained for most of the day.  We had Game Day on the big screen, a delicious breakfast, and hot coffee in the Keurig.  We all curled up for the afternoon, listened to the thunder, and watched the Hogs bring home a WIN!!!  It was such a relaxing day!!  Mom made chicken spectacular for dinner and we enjoyed a cozy night and more football.
 
 
Sunday was our first day at church as a family of three!  Reese did SO good.  She slept the entire service and was great during brunch at Copeland's as well.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Mimi and her girl
 
 
 
Aunt Bee loving on her
 
 

She would much rather sleep curled up on her tummy rather than her back. Yes, I know babies should sleep on their backs, but this is how she falls asleep on me EVERY night!  Oh how I love her!!
 
 
 
She also loves to sleep on her Daddy's big shoulder/arm
 
 
 
 
Mom left Sunday afternoon and it never fails that I cry.  I have the most amazing mother in the world and I pray every day that I can be half the mother she is for Reese.  She is so giving and ALWAYS puts others needs before her own.  She drives down here after working a full week and then literally stays up almost all night to hold, rock, and change our baby girl so that Matt and I can sleep. I can't imagine starting the journey of motherhood without her by my side.  I love you so much Mom!!!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment