Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Friends that are Good for the Soul

This was an amazing weekend!!  I left Thursday around 4:00 to head to NWA.  I met my family and the Honea's at Cheezy's for dinner (I love my sweet nieces!!!  Nothing makes me smile more than walking into a room and seeing them start running to me :))  After dinner, I went over to Amanda's house.  She and I waited impatiently for Kim to arrive.  The three of us spent the night talking, laughing, and just being ourselves.  We actually didn't go to bed until almost 3AM - it truly felt like a night in Kendall dorm.   

This is what I saw when I drove up to Amanda's house...





Love it!!!

 
Saturday morning we ran through Einstein bagels, made a trip to Altar'd State and Signed, Sealed, Delivered, and then ran by John Q. Hammons for a tiny bit of crafting before heading to the airport to pick up our other college roomie, Lauren.  WOW!!! It was so good to be with all three of these girls!  We spent the afternoon crafting and enjoyed a late lunch @ Marketplace in Springdale.  Then, we went to 'Oops' so we could all stock up on Christmas ribbon.  Before heading to lunch, we stopped by "She Said Yes" to see Emily (Amanda's sister) try on a couple of wedding dresses. 



I know this is blurry, but it captures us in our element...always laughing!!

 
Lauren reliving her moment as a bride :)

 

All the gals - it was great to see Amanda's mom and sister



We LOVE some Marketplace

 
Lauren met her biggest crush, Michelle Duggar.  It was so cute how excited she was.  We had to get a picture!! :)





Outside of Oops

It was a FULL day and I wouldn't change a thing!!   That evening we curled up at Amanda's and just sat around visiting.  Amanda's mom found an old VHS tape that we made in college that has the most random things on it and it was HYSTERICAL to watch.  (SHOUT OUT TO KIM FOR STILL HAVING A VHS PLAYER AND BRINGING IT!!)  I loved reliving those moments with these three!!
Amanda was AWESOME and made a trip to Rick's Bakery to stock up on lots of goodies too.  We devoured them!!


These are the blue cookies in honor of Lauren being pregnant with her 3rd precious baby boy!!


Yummy!




We LOVE some chocolate!!


 I know we all have good friends in our lives that are special to us but these three girls hold a place in my heart that will never be filled by anyone else.  There is something so refreshing about being with friends who lift you up, not only spiritually, but mentally and emotionally.  I love that they are amazing mothers who have a love for God and their families.  I look forward to having the three of them to lean on when I, one day too, become a mother.  Just like I said in the title of this post, they are good for my soul.  Love you girls with all of my heart!!!  I can't wait until our next little get-together!! 

 
I got up early Saturday morning and said good-bye to these beautiful ladies and spent all day Saturday with my fabulous family, while celebrating Miss Brynlee Claire's birthday!!  Check out all the pictures from the big day tomorrow!! 

1 comment:

  1. I had the best time with you, Kim, and Amanda, and I feel the exact same way! It was good for the soul! I am soooo glad I got to spend time with you. It had been way too long, and I'm excited about future girl trips with the four of us. We really missed you when you left. Wish we could have spent the whole weekend with you! Glad you got fun family time, too, though! Love you friend!!

    ReplyDelete