Sunday, October 23, 2011

Racing For A Cure

Well, all I can say is that I can't believe it's almost November!!  We were busy around here this weekend, but I enjoyed being home.  Matt worked Friday and since I didn't have to go to our meeting in NWA, I met Brittney for drinks after work at Bravo.  We sat on the patio and enjoyed the gorgeous weather.  Joe was in town for the weekend and he met us for a cocktail too. I left in time to get home and put a Papa Murphy's pizza in the oven for Matt and we spent the cool night curled up at home. 






Saturday morning, I got up with the sun for Race for the Cure.  This is an AMAZING event here in Little Rock and this year we had over 45,000 people participating in the run/walk downtown.  David is a good friend of mine whose mother, Robin Watson, is fighting breast cancer.  We formed a team in her honor and had the best time supporting such a wonderful event.  











I loved Sabrina's tights!








Loved seeing this sign!!





This was one of our favorite signs!!


Hilarious!!!  It was great to see so many supporters on the sidelines.



There were so many people, you couldn't run if you wanted to.  After the race, we went to Sabrina's house for brunch.  We all brought a little something and sat around drinking mimosas and eating lots of delicious food.




This was only half the spread...we had SO MUCH FOOD!!


Group picture after the race


WE LOVE YOU ROBIN!!!!


It was a great morning supporting a wonderful cause with incredible friends.  After brunch, I came back to the house and started laundry, cleaning up around the homefront, and of course watching the HOGS play.   Good game...a little too close for comfort, but glad we won!!  Matt and I spent the rest of the afternoon staining our deck.  We were able to get everything done but the actual floor of the deck.  It will be a project that will be continued next weekend ;)




Saturday night, Matt and I went on a little date to The Big Orange.  It's a new restaurant in town close to our house in WLR with a menu full of salads, burgers, shakes, etc.  It was really good and really reasonably priced.  Afterwards, we walked around the promenade and did a little shopping and then came home to curl up on the couch and watch some football. 

We had a great morning at church and enjoyed lunch at Cracker Barrel afterwards. It's been raining for most of the day here, making it PERFECT for an afternoon nap.  I am leaving on Tuesday for meetings in New Orleans so I have the laundry done, groceries bought for the hubby and the house clean.  He should be able to manage until I get back on Friday.  :))

This should be the last time I get on a plane for meetings until after the first of the year...and that makes me super happy!!!  I am taking a day off on Monday so I can enjoy a long weekend when I get back into town on Friday.  Hope everyone has a good week!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment