Sunday, October 9, 2011

A Weekend at Home

Our weekends at home have been few and far between....  This one was great, because we stayed right here in Little Rock the entire time.  I have been fighting a sinus infection/sore throat lately, and haven't been feeling 100%.  I know it's from running, running and running - sometimes slowing down is the best medicine.  Here are some of my favorite things that made up our weekend...

Thursday night I spent a couple of hours @ the spa getting my eyebrows waxed, a mani/pedi, and a full body massage.  (Those of you that wonder what I do on days that Matt has to work 12 hours?!?  Now you know :)) 



Matt got to spend Friday playing golf - I believe he played 27 holes! The boy was in heaven!!


We had a quiet date on the patio Friday night at Sushi Cafe'

We slept in Saturday and later enjoyed lunch @ Alley Oops.  The rest of the afternoon was filled with some fall shopping for Matt.  We found quite at bit @ JCREW (like this sweater above.)


I came home to find this poncho I ordered from Nordstrom's on the front porch  :))
I love it!!!  Now if the weather would only get cooler!


Saturday night we ordered in pizza and cozied up to watch the HOGS beat Auburn!!  It was such a great game - those boys played well!!  Overall, it was a good 'Game Day,' with a big win from LSU too!!  (I still don't like the purple and gold but I suppose I need to get use to cheering for them when they're not playing the Razorbacks...their WINS make the hubs happy :)) 

Today we had a great morning at church and enjoyed brunch at 1620.  Matt just left to go fishing with his dad for the next couple of days.  I don't like being away from him, but I LOVE that he gets the opportunity to spend some quality time with his amazing Dad.  This weekend was fantastic and I never take for granted all the blessings we have, especially quiet weekends where we just get to spend time together. 

Hope y'all had a great weekend!!!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment