Sunday, March 4, 2012

An Amazing Weekend

I just woke up from a 2 hour nap (Lord help me sleep tonight) and I've been lying here thinking about our amazing weekend in Little Rock.  My beautiful Mom came in town Friday night for a girls weekend and it's the best weekend I have had in a LONG time.  It worked out perfectly because Matt worked at the hospital Th-Sun, and Blake (Kyndall's boyfriend) was on a bachelor party trip, so it was a lot of quality time for the three of us gals.  :)

Mom got to our house Friday around 7:00.  I decided to order in some pizzas for dinner for a low-key night.  Kyndall and Charla came over and we spent the evening just sitting around and catching up.

Saturday, we slept in and then Mom and I met Kyndall at the 'Red Door' for brunch.  (This is one of our favorite places to eat brunch so I was excited to get to take Mom.)  We just sat around laughing, eating our yummy breakfast, and enjoying the sunshine outside. 

Lola and Barb

After brunch, we spent the entire day shopping!!  We had the best time and all found some goodies.  LOFT, Anthropologie, Dillards, Sunglass Hut, Limited, Warren's, and the list goes on!!  We stopped for an afternoon pick-me-up at Maggie Moo's (love their red velvet cake ice cream), and then continued on shop, shop, shopping!! 

Got some dresses for work


A couple of fun, Spring tops

I also found a new bedspread for our master bedroom @ Dillard's.  It was on sale, regular $400...but I got it for $150!!  WOO HOO!!!  After shopping, we opted for an early dinner at Cantina Laredo (yes, one of our favorites).  It was delicious, as always.  I got something for Matt to go, and then we headed back to our house to change into pj's and watch 'Twilight: Breaking Dawn' (Mom hadn't seen it yet).  It was the perfect night!!

This morning, after church and Bible class, the three of us went to Yaya's for brunch.  We took a couple of pictures at the house afterwards.











Anyone who is close to their Mom and has sisters to love as well, knows just how special these times together are.  Going back to my previous blog about blessings, one of the greatest blessings I have ever been given is my family.  I cherish every minute we get to spend together and I can't wait for our next girls weekend! 



No comments:

Post a Comment