Friday, March 16, 2012

What A Week!!!

Well, I was going to start this post with how tired I have been and how this week has been so long and exhausting.  Let me just give you a quick run down....
  • I left for meetings on Monday before the sun came up and spent 3 days in a conference room with no windows
  • Our meetings lasted from 8-6 every day...two words: information overload!!!
  • I got sick in the car on the way to the meeting
  • I came home Wednesday night to a house full of new carpet, but the mess of cleaning up was everywhere and truthfully just overwhelming
  • When I got home, our air conditioner wasn't working - long story short we have a leak in the coil. Can I say a $250 service call PLUS the cost of replacing the coil?  (1K-2K)
  •  
I was in the car driving to Hot Springs this morning, saying a prayer and thinking to myself, "WOW!!  This has been a horrible week and I am ready for it to be over."  Then I started to realize that I don't really know what a horrible week even is.  Sure, I am tired and exhausted and we have a huge mess at our house right now plus an air conditioner that needs some repairs, but is that really enough to justify a "horrible week??" 

I then started thinking about all the positive things about this week...
  •  Although they were long days, our meetings were great!!  My presentation went well, we learned a lot, and my sales are moving in the right direction.
  • My entire team made it safely to Branson and then safely back home.
  • We have new carpet!!!!  The nursery is cleared out and we're ready for paint and furniture soon.
  • Our families are doing good and everyone is healthy and well.
  • I got to talk to both of my grandmothers and my grandfather this week!!
  • Sure, I HATE paying 1-2K to fix my air conditioner, but that's what savings is for, right?  I'm thankful to be able to save.
  • It's the weekend!!!!!!

It just amazes me how perspective is everything!!!  Just like I stated in a previous blog, I am counting my blessings all the time and trying not to stress about the little things that life throws our way.  I know there will always be things I can't control.  I continually pray that God helps me to just let those things go!! 


I would be lying if I didn't mention how excited I am for the weekend!!!!  We have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do, and Matt and I are super excited about that!!!  I hope to enjoy the beautiful weather!!


TGIF!!!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment