Thursday, March 1, 2012

Blessings

WOW!!  First of all let me start off with how absolutely AMAZING the weather has been this week.  I am soaking up every bit of vitamin D that I can and I'm loving it!!  (I am sitting on our back deck right now while typing this, listening to all the sounds of Spring.)  OH, it makes me so anxious for sun dresses, flip-flops, grilling out, the lake, and sinking my toes into the sand at the beach!!! 

I've been thinking a lot this week about the many blessings in my life and I'm trying to do a better job of recognizing the little things that remind me of Him every day.  Matt and I have joined a Wednesday night life group at our church and we are studying James.  I can honestly say Wednesday night is the one night that I look forward to the most these days.  We have an awesome group of about 10-12 (hoping it will continue to grow) who get to spend time together "dissecting" the Word of God.  Matt and I feel very blessed to be a part of it. 

I know it's so easy to get wrapped up in the day-to-day craziness, but I have challenged myself everyday to be specific with what I think was a blessing from God.  Don't get me wrong, I think every morning that I wake up is a blessing...every conversation I get to have with someone I love is a blessing...and if the day ends and I know my family and friends are safe at home, healthy, and happy...that is a HUGE blessing.  But, I have challenged myself to think past that this week. 

Monday, it was a blessing that Matt and I enjoyed a quiet dinner and I was able to get in bed early, read my favorite magazine, and watch our favorite t.v. shows together.

Tuesday, we had our taxes done.  I was 100% positive that we would owe the government this year because we have NOTHING to write off and it was Matt's first year of working.  Well, it was a blessing that we DIDN'T OWE UNCLE SAM A DIME!!   This girl is VERY thankful for that blessing!
 
 
Wednesday, after a good day at work, it was a blessing for Matt and me to get together and study God's word with such a great group of people!
 
 
Today, I just got the mail and was sitting down to pay a bill when I noticed that it wasn't a bill, it was a credit to our account.  It wasn't even for a large sum, but I see it as another little blessing! 
 
 
Tomorrow, I will be blessed to have my FABULOUS Mom in town for the weekend.  I can't tell you how excited I am!!  Kyndall and I are in need of some quality mother/daughter time and I consider this a BIG BLESSING!!

The last couple of nights I've had a hard time falling asleep.  So, I've started counting my blessings in my head while I lay there and it's amazing.  I've been able to go to sleep within a reasonable amount of time and there's no better feeling than knowing you are drifting off to dream land while counting all the wonderful blessings God has given you. 

Remember...He is good, good to all of us!!  So, take some time out of your day to recognize just how good he is to you!




No comments:

Post a Comment