Monday, March 19, 2012

St Patrick's Day Weekend!!

I really don't know why I titled this blog post 'St. Pattie's Day', because truthfully I completely forgot about the holiday until late Saturday afternoon.  It cracks me up how my ways of celebrating have dramatically changed.  A few years ago, we would have been downtown watching the parade in the afternoon, enjoying drinks on a patio.  I would have bought an ADORABLE green dress to go out in that night and we would've had BIG plans for the evening....  Oh how times change!!!  (I have to say though, I am pretty darn content with where I am ;))

Friday night, Matt and I opted for a date night and enjoyed a quiet dinner at Bonefish Grill.  We ran to Redbox on the way home and picked up two movies as well.  We watched 'Young Adult' and 'What's Your Number?' (both obviously my choice...poor guy!!)


Saturday, we slept until 9:00 and then Matt hung some curtains in our bedroom.  It's amazing how something as small as curtains can add so much to a room.  He then continued to be a handy man and put together the new desk for our guest bedroom.  We had to rid of our ginormous desk because sadly we are running out of room quicker than I expected.  I only hear that it gets worse with all the "baby stuff" one can accrue over time.  We had a late lunch at Alley Oops and spent the rest of the night curled up enjoying some R&R!! 


Sunday, I woke up feeling good.  Every day is different...one day can be nothing but nausea, the next I can be full of energy and feeling great.  So, when I wake up with a good day, I try to take advantage of it.  We had a great morning at church and Bible class, then Matt and I enjoyed brunch at Copeland's.  Afterwards, he went to the gym, while I went to do a little shopping.  All this warm weather has me on a mission for long maxi dresses that I can grow into and sweet dainty dresses that I will be able to wear through the summer.  (for work and for play.)  I found these adorable ones at Anthropologie and had to purchase. 






Old Navy has some really cute ones too...I was going to go by there this afternoon, but had to meet the heat/air man to find out if we have to replace our unit.  BAD NEWS!!!!  Yes, we have to replace the entire A/C unit!!!!  UGH!!!!!!!!  The positive's I am trying to focus on... 1) It will be brand new and more efficient right?!  Therefore it should bring down our electric bill??  2) It will help for when we want to sell our house in a year or two?  I am really trying here people, but I just can't get excited about the chunk of change we're about to spend on this!!!!

Anyways, back to something that makes me happy, some cute and CHEAP maternity dresses....













Love Them!!!


I'll leave you with a pic that Matt took of me yesterday afternoon. 

14 weeks....

I am so excited to have a three day weekend and to spend it in NWA!!!  I really need to love on two sweet little girls...I'm having serious withdrawals!!  It's Kyndall's bday so the whole gang will be in town to celebrate!!!  Whoop Whoop!! 


Happy Monday!!!

2 comments:

  1. Look at that lttle bump-so cute!! Can't wait to find out what you're having!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your pregnancy - this is the first I've heard of it!! And you are absolutely adorable with your tiny little arms and body and then the little baby bump...too cute! The nausea is downright miserable, but hopefully now that you're in your 2nd trimester it'll fade away fast. Can't wait to watch that baby of yours grow via blog! :-D

    ReplyDelete