Thursday, January 12, 2012

Lately...

It is 5:20 and I just walked in the door, threw on some comfy clothes, started a fire, and I'm going to sit here on the couch for a little bit and relax.  For some reason, this week has seemed like the longest week and has been dragging by so slowly.  I think it's partially because it's my first full week back in the field, but mostly I think it's because I am anxiously waiting to get to NWA to spend the weekend with my Papaw in ICU.  It's been a rough week, and there really aren't any changes.  He's still on the ventilator and feeding tube and he could go either way right now.  I am trying to come to grips with what I will see tomorrow.  I don't like hospitals, therefore I especially don't like seeing someone I love and care for having to be treated in one...and in ICU at that.  I have prayed for strength all week!!  I want to be strong for Papaw and Mamaw and I hope God will help me do that.  

We've had a pretty uneventful "work" week.  I am loving our new Veeva computer system, which allows me more time away from work in the evenings.  Matt's only day at the hospital has been today, so he's enjoyed a couple of days off.  I have booked our first vacation in 2012.  We are going to Destin, FL for a week at the beginning of May.  It might not be extremely warm, but this girl is ready for a get-away!!! 

I walked in the door after a long day yesterday and found these gorgeous flowers on the kitchen table with a card that brought me to tears.  I swear, I'm married to the most AMAZING man!!!! 




I'm off work tomorrow and we're heading to Rogers, I'll have updates on Papaw after this weekend.  Please continue to keep him and my entire family in your prayers. 


No comments:

Post a Comment