Monday, January 23, 2012

A Whirlwind of a Week

WOW!!  I feel like so much has been going on and I haven't had two seconds to blog about it.  First things first, we spent most of last week with family celebrating Papaw Garner's life.  Lilly was great to give me four days off for bereavement and Matt was able to take PTO as well.  I can't explain how grateful I am for that because we were able to really spend some time with family through the week and truly celebrate a great man.  His visitation was Tuesday night (the funeral home director said he has NEVER seen so many people come through for a visitation before in his life...to me, that says a lot (although I'm not surprised!))  We had a private burial for him on Wednesday morning and then his memorial service was that afternoon.  The church provided a delicious lunch and there were flowers/plants EVERYWHERE.  So many people loved this man just as much as I did!!


Our Family


The 5 grandchildren with Mamaw


Mamaw with Dad and sister, Nancie



 

I thought this was pretty special...Dad put this up on the marquee @ the store.  A great tribute to an amazing man!! 


After an emotionally and physically exhausting week, Matt and I headed back to Little Rock on Friday afternoon.  We spent the morning with my two favorite munchkins and got home in time to grab some dinner and crash.  I was asleep in bed at 7:45!!  Our Saturday morning was spent in bed until 10:00, then I made a nice breakfast and we ran around town getting some errands done.  Saturday night, Matt and I went to Caper's (a FANTABULOUS restaurant on Hwy 10) to celebrate his birthday.  It was so good!!  (I haven't really been in the picture taking mood, so none to capture our romantic evening out.)

Sunday was full of our regular day...church, Bible class, brunch, fat nap, and then we ended it by curling up for the night to watch 'Courageous'.  What an absolutely amazing movie!!!  Every person should see it, especially if you're a father!

This week has started off with a bang!!  Matt's @ work and I had the boss man with me today.  It was a great day, full of good conversations with lots of my customers!  I came home to a very clean house (thank you Carmen) and dinner's in the oven.  Hope everyone's week is off to a great start!!



 



No comments:

Post a Comment