Sunday, August 5, 2012

34 Weeks and Counting....

34 weeks... and I am so happy that Matt and I were able to spend this weekend around the house.  Our trip to Monroe last weekend for our baby shower was our last, we are now home for good.  I'm guessing we won't be making any long hauls until the holidays, and that will be with our newest addition in tow. :))

 
Friday night, we went to Yaya's for dinner with Jules and Jason, Kyndall and Blake, and David and Devon.  It was a great night and we had a lot of fun catching up.



 
Saturday morning, we slept in, did a little bit of shopping for Reese at The Toggery, and then enjoyed a quick lunch at Chick-Fil-A.  I picked up some adorable smocked dresses, one for this fall and another for next Easter.








Saturday night, Matt made his DELICIOUS HOMEMADE lasagna!!  I absolutely love it!!  It was nice to enjoy a quiet night at home with my favorite guy, just watching the Olympics. 




Today we went to late service (I haven't been sleeping well at all), then enjoyed some leftovers, and I've been working on thank you notes for most of the afternoon.  (I have 10 more to write...so there IS a light at the end of the tunnel :)) 


I think that today is the first day that it's hit me that I am a GIANT COW!!!  I don't know if it was the heat, or the fact that I struggle to catch my breath, or the slow turtlish pace I constantly move at, or maybe it's just never being able to get comfortable....  Whichever it is, it caused me to have my first "I am over this" moment.  I realize that so far I've been blessed to have a relatively easy pregnancy (knock on wood)  and yes, I still have 6 weeks to go...I know!!  But I just don't like the feeling of being so big and not being able to go run or try to "work it off," or something!!!!  All in good time is what I keep trying to tell myself.


This week will be busy.  I have a meeting tomorrow and Matt will be working the 10:30a-11:00p shift through Wednesday.  However, we will look forward to another weekend of being at home and "preparing" for our little arrival.


Hope you had a great weekend!!!





2 comments:

  1. I swore I posted a comment on here! But maybe my preggo mind is completely off! I had the same craving for lasagna, BUT I had my mom whip me up some of her famous lasagna v. me slaving away. ;-) And I am obsessed with all things smocked!! Just got 2 more Christmas outfits in the mail today!!! LOVE! We are so close!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, where did you find the Christmas smocked outfits? I have been freqenting the local boutiques, but they don't have them out yet. I'm with you...love the smocked stuff!

      Delete