Sunday, August 19, 2012

Lately....

Maternity leave has begun and it's still crazy to me that I will not be working for the next 16 weeks (if all goes as planned)!!  I must say that I am impressed if you are still taking the time to read our blog.  I feel as if it's become so boring.  I guess the word isn't boring, but just DIFFERENT.  I have gone from the young, married girl who enjoys lots of fun with her husband and blogging about the vacations, the nights out, etc., to the soon-to-be Mom who will be posting all about the milestones my child achieves, constant pictures, and probably many frustrations.  I have to say that I am excited about this change!!!  I love reading about all of my friends and their beautiful families, now Matt and I will soon have a little family of our own! 


 
Since being off of work the last couple of days, I still find myself checking email and texting my boss to make sure things are going all right with some of my big writers.  NO, (don't worry people) I will not do this when the baby arrives, but for now I feel like it keeps me in the loop and a little bit ahead of the game for when I have to come back to the field.  I've enjoyed doing some little things this week that I just haven't made time for...like getting last minute blankets and outfits monogrammed for Reese, buying new decorative pillows for our master bedroom, taking shoes to get polished and resoled, getting all the fall decor ready to put out.  (I am LOVING the fall candles that now make my home smell so delicious!!)  As you can imagine, the list goes on and on....


Our weekend started off with our maternity pictures (taken on Friday morning).  I wish I wouldn't have waited until we were 36 weeks (just because I feel ENORMOUS...I totally procrastinated on that one.)  However, Kelly did such a great job and I am super excited to see how they turn out.  Matt and I enjoyed lunch on the patio at Zaza's afterwards and then we ran a couple of errands.  We grilled steak kabobs for dinner and curled up to watch movies.  I needed a night in to rest, I haven't been sleeping well at all and it was great to kick my feet up. 


Saturday, Matt was going to play golf, but we woke up to rain, thunder, and lightning.  I was thrilled, and loved lying in bed sleeping until 9:00.  We desperately needed the rain.  We had a busy morning of grabbing groceries, going to Target, and running around. Saturday night, we had a date at Sushi Cafe'...yes, we love that place and just can't get enough of it!!  (Our date nights have continually increased, as we are trying to soak up as much time as we can...just the two of us!) 



Today, we went to church and then enjoyed brunch at Vieux Carre with Jason and Jules, Sam and Heather, and Lewis and Shelly.  Love our crew and it was great to spend a couple of hours catching up with everyone.  It's going to be a rather lazy day around here.  Tomorrow our housekeeper comes, so I suppose this girl will get out and do some shopping!!  I'll let you know what I find!! :))


Hope everybody had a great weekend!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment