Friday, August 24, 2012

Loving Some Maternity Leave

Well, I have one full week of maternity leave under my belt!!  I have thoroughly enjoyed being off of work and getting little things done around the house that have been on my to-do list for a while.  Monday and Tuesday were full of shopping.  I've been wanting a new look for our guest bedroom and found this at Dillard's.  It looks great and it definitely brightens up the room!!





I also found some cute new boots for this fall (I'm loving the fringe).  Handbags and shoes have been my favorites to purchase since I feel like a beached whale ;)






I added a Pandora charm to my bracelet in honor of football season being just around the corner!




 
 
 
I finally found a rose gold watch that I love.  The Michael Kors faces are just too big for my skinny wrists and I've wanted something very dainty and transparent...so I grabbed this beauty and love it!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
It's been nice to purchase some things that I've wanted and just never make the time to go buy.  All this shopping has me SO VERY READY for Fall!!  Call me crazy, but my Razorback wreath is already on the front door and I put out my fall decor this week.  (In my defense, I wanted to get it all out before Reese arrives because I know there will be NO TIME to do so right after we bring her home.)
 
 
 
 
 
 
Matt was off work on Wednesday and Thursday.  (I love it when we're both home during the week!)   After sleeping until almost 9:00, we Matt did some yard work on Wednesday and then we enjoyed dinner at Whole Hog before Bible study that night.  It's been a while since we've been to our life group, only because Matt's usually working Wednesday's and by the time I get home from work, I'm exhausted.  It was great to see everybody and was a good night of fellowship!
 
 
 
Thursday morning, we had our 37 week appointment.  Once again, no dialation and no thinning of my cervix, but Dr. Phillips seems to think that she'll make her big debut in a week or two.  He just keeps talking about how low her head is.  Blood pressure was good and no weight gain...but I am expecting the lower abdominal pressure to increase quite a bit this week.  In the meantime, I spent the afternoon at the spa while Matt was at the gym.  I made a yummy pot roast for dinner and we curled up to watch The Hunger Games for the evening.  SO NICE!!
 
 
Friday, I met Kyndall for salads at Zaza's.  We don't get to do that very often, and it was a perfect start to my day!!  After lunch, we went shopping (something she and I do fabulously together!)  I picked up a new black bag and have been wanting some new, cute and comfy leopard print flats.
 
 
 
 
By Urban Expressions and found at local boutique, Tulips.
 
 
 
 
By Antonio Melani...LOVE!!
 
 
 
 
After hitting up Sephora, we decided enough damage was done.  :))  I love spending time with my beautiful sister and today was the perfect start to my weekend!!  Matt is working the late shift in the O.R. tonight so this girl is going to kick her feet up and spend the evening relaxing!!  We're looking forward to a nice weekend with my parents.  They are driving down tomorrow for "one last hurrah" before Reese arrives.  ;))
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Love all the purchases! I'm in love with rose gold right now! Partially because it's what my wedding ring is. ;-) Love it. I'm going to live vicariously through you and your shopping endeavors!

    ReplyDelete