Monday, August 27, 2012

Another Wonderful Weekend....

Mom and Dad decided to make one more trip to 'the rock' before Miss Reese makes her arrival.  It was so sweet...my mom said she wanted to see me one more time with my pregnant belly.  (Makes me sad and wish we lived closer.)  It's crazy to me that their next trip here will be straight to the hospital!! 
 
 
It was such a fast trip for them because Dad had to work Saturday morning, so they didn't arrive until 4:00.  Matt and I spent the morning sleeping in and grocery shopping.  We decided we would cook a big meal at the house so that Blake and Kyndall could come over and everyone could just relax.  Matt whipped up his famous homemade lasagna, a delicious salad, and some garlic bread.  We were planning on watching "The Hunger Games," because no one had seen it yet, however didn't get a chance to because the faucet in our kitchen sink decided to break.  So glad that my Dad was here to walk Matt through how to replace it.  (Nothing like washing all your dishes in the bathroom sink!! :)  It was a first!!
 
 
Sunday morning, we didn't make it to church.  Dad and Matt were at Home Depot when they opened and Matt picked out a new faucet head and sprayer and he had it installed within an hour.  REALLY PROUD OF MY HUBS!!!  The 6 of us had lunch at Texas Roadhouse and then Mom and Dad had to head back to NWA.  I've said it before but I am so thankful to such loving parents who work all week and will give up their weekend to drive 6 hours (roundtrip) to see their kiddos for just 24 hours!!  Love you guys so much!!!!
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
Almost 38 weeks...
 
 
 
A little friendly competition....AR Razorbacks fan vs. OU fan!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I think we're ready....    :))

 
 
 Matt was on call last night and got called in around 7:00 for 3 cases in the O.R.  I was so bummed because I was looking forward to just curling up with my favorite guy.  Thankfully, he was home by 10 and didn't have to be back in the O.R. until this morning.  I'm making the most of our nights, just the two of us curled up quietly...they are limited ;)


I'll leave with you with some very exciting news!!  Two of my good friends delivered their baby girls this weekend.  Nicki, who I work with, welcomed her sweet baby girl on Saturday, August 25th, at 8:08 a.m.  Congrats Nick and Nicki!!!


Kennedy Grace, 6lbs. 4 oz.


And my beautiful friend, Tara, welcomed her baby girl early Monday morning, August 27th, at 3:30 a.m.  Congrats Kyle, Tara, and big brother Hudson!!


Kinsey Nichole, 8lbs. 9 oz.



We are very excited for these families!!  It makes it very real now, I think we're up next!!  ;))



 

No comments:

Post a Comment