Friday, August 31, 2012

A Little Attitude Change

What have I been doing this week you ask?!?
 
 
Movie marathon on Monday
Lunch with Kyndall on Tuesday
Run to Target
Facial, Pedicure, Spray tan
Washed every possible thing Reese could need in the next 3 months
Lunch with Jules and David on Wednesday
Bible study Wednesday night
Lunch with Matt on Thursday


As you can see, I've tried to stay busy as we patiently await the arrival of our sweet baby girl!  This week has been a little bit tougher and I've been having a small pity party for myself over here on Cherrybrook Drive.  "Poor me, 38 weeks...can't go to the Razorback game, can't travel to Rogers next weekend for our best friend's wedding (Nick and Norah Honea), don't have ANYTHING cute to wear, can't catch my breath, don't sleep good, mild contractions, and I move at the pace of a very large cow!!!!"  Yes, these are just a few of the things I have been complaining about. 


Truthfully, I consider myself a positive person that doesn't wallow in self-pity.  Those close to me would beg to differ over the last few days.  This morning I was at my worst!  It's Friday so I should be happy, right?!?  I vented to my sis about everything above (and more) and the entire time she just listened....  She told me I am almost there, encouraged me to enjoy the last few days Matt and I have together, told me I would lose the weight in no time, and offered every bit of positive advice I needed.  About an hour ago, my doorbell rang and a man handed me a beautiful bouquet of bright flowers, from non other than my gold-hearted sister!!  As he was walking away, the mailman was walking to our door with a big box.  I was thinking it was work related, but Matt signed for it (I was in the kitchen balling my eyes out about how sweet my sister is) and I opened it up to find the 4 items left on our registry from my partner at work.  (Cue the tears again)  It was so thoughtful!!  (I hadn't even told him where we were registered!)  As I'm pulling myself together, my phone rings and it's one of my teammates in Ft. Smith calling to just check on me.  He said he saw our maternity pictures on FB and just wanted to let me know how great he thought they were and that he was thinking about us! 


As I hung up the phone, I had a moment.  A moment where I prayed for God to forgive me for being so focused on myself lately.  I then began thinking of and feeling overwhelmed with all of the blessings in my life.  Yes, I am uncomfortable and wish I could feel a little bit smaller and do some of the things I am going to miss out on in the next few weeks...but I am growing one of the most precious gifts God can give anyone.  A gift that Matt and I prayed for, for so long.  What's two more weeks out of 10 months, right?  :)


I am thankful for days/moments like these that force me to stop and look around me, to refocus on what is important.  The blessings in my life are never-ending and I am thankful for today, for the reminder that even in the midst of our "bad" days, God speaks to us.  In fact, those are often the days I hear Him best!


So this girl is going to go out tonight and enjoy a wonderful Friday night with her H-O-T husband and be thankful for another quiet dinner we can enjoy together.  Tomorrow, we will enjoy some Game Day and FOOTBALL and be grateful for one more Saturday that we get to sleep in ;)



 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. The last few weeks with Hadley felt like forever. I tried every old wives tale under the sun to induce labor and all I got was mouth sores from the 2 whole pineapples I ate in like a 24 hour period. (Yes, sadly a true story.) I was so ready to meet her and now I think back and like you said, "What's 2 more weeks out of 10 months?" You'll surprise yourself how fast you'll be back in those 2s! And you'll have an adorable little girl as your cheerleader!

    ReplyDelete